Advance in accuracy medicine for late-stage lung cancer
Lung cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer death among men and women, making up almost 25% of all cancer deaths suggested to the best oncologist in Noida.
Precision medicine shows promise for improving many aspects of health and healthcare, including tests, drugs, and other technologies that support innovation, with the possibility of new partnerships with the case of new collaborations with scientists in a wide range of specialties.
The first step in this process involves new blood-based diagnostics, which can now noninvasively provide clinically helpful information about lung cancer treatment in Noida.
However, identifying novel biomarkers that could be used in early diagnosis is urgently needed, especially for guiding initial therapy and predicting relapse or drug resistance following the administration of novel targeted therapies under the lung cancer treatment in Noida.
Zeeva oncology is the best cancer hospital in Noida, committed to offering leading-edge modalities for diagnosing, treating, and managing a wide gamut of malignancies.
About precision medicine:
- The scientific community tends to conflate the meanings of “precision medicine” and “personalized medicine.” The National Research Council defines “personalized medicine” with an old purpose similar to “precision medicine.”
- Precision medicine can provide specific genetic maps for patients with elevated cancer risks, potentially revealing gene mutations and thus calculating the likelihood of family members developing a particular type of cancer under the lung cancer treatment in Noida.
- Precision medicine has been expanded to attempt the treatment of several solid tumors, including breast, brain, and lung cancer suggested by the best oncologist in Noida.
- Precision medicine aims to find the proper treatment for a specific patient at the correct dose and time, which is particularly important in cancer therapy under lung cancer treatment in Noida.
- Finding a precise treatment for a patient could eradicate the potential problem of treatment response variability, including resistance. One of the main problems with cancer treatments is a nonresponse to drug therapy and the consequent metastasizes of the disease.
- Precision medicine is used to treat certain cancers and help discover the best tests and treatments for lung cancer treatment in Noida.
- In addition, doctors could employ precision medicine to identify those at high risk for cancer, prevent certain types of cancer for early detection, make specific cancer diagnoses, select the best treatment options, and evaluate treatment efficacy.
Therapies for advanced lung cancer patients include:
Chemotherapy: It uses specific anti-cancer drugs to kill cancer cells. Chemotherapy is delivered through infusion and oral medications suggested by the best oncologist in Noida. It can be given alone, with radiation therapy, or as a follow-up to surgery.
Radiation therapy: It is targeted to destroy or slow the growth of cancer cells that grow and divide more quickly than regular cells. More than half of all cancer patients will require radiation therapy at some point in their treatment under the lung cancer treatment in Noida.
Neoadjuvant therapy: It delivers chemotherapy and radiation to appropriate patients before surgery. This treatment shrinks the lung tumor to a manageable size for surgery suggested by the best oncologist in Noida.
This approach to treating lung cancer that has spread to nearby lymph nodes or is in more advanced stages has revolutionized outcomes when combined with surgical interventions under the lung cancer treatment in Noida.
Intensity-Modulation Radiation Therapy: It optimizes radiation delivery using advanced computer software and cutting-edge technology called a linear accelerator.
Radiation doses are carefully calculated and effectively delivered directly to the lung tumor while sparing surrounding organs and tissues suggested by the best oncologist in Noida.
Stereotactic radiosurgery: It is also called Novalis or shaped beam surgery.
It is a treatment delivered on an outpatient basis with surgical precision. SRS allows for shaping the radiation beam to the exact shape of the tumor, therapy-sparing healthy tissue, and delivering targeted radiation under lung cancer treatment in Noida.
While not actual surgery, SRS is a noninvasive procedure that combines sophisticated imaging with advanced computer technology to deliver radiation accurately to the tumor site.
Stereotactic beam radiation therapy: It also delivers intense and precise doses of radiation to the tumor site using specialized imaging technology that creates a three-dimensional view of the tumor. SBRT is typically prescribed to treat minor and early-stage lung cancer.
HDR therapy: It delivers radiation directly within the confines of the tumor and is used primarily for thoracic cancers and gynecological, breast, and esophageal malignancies under the lung cancer treatment in Noida.