Barbecue Cornbread Chicken Pizza Recipe
Barbecue Cornbread Chicken Pizza is a delicious dish that is perfect for summer. It has a variety of textures and flavors that make it a great dish to serve at any barbecue. This dish is perfect for barbecues because the flavors are sweet and spicy. The cornbread crust is crunchy, while the chicken provides a juicy texture. The Barbecue Sauce adds flavor, while the mozzarella cheese adds saltiness and creaminess to the pizza.
This is a pizza that has some of the best flavors in the south. It has a crust made with cornbread, High on Chicken Barbecue sauce, and chicken. The Barbecue sauce gives it a sweet and tangy flavor, while the cornbread crust makes it more moist and fluffy.
The dish is topped with cheese and bacon to give it that extra flavor. It’s baked in the oven until it’s nice and crispy. This pizza can be served as an appetizer or a meal depending on your hunger.
Prep time: 25-30 min
Serve for: 2-3
- High On Chicken Barbecue sauce
- 500 grams of chicken breast
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 spring onions
- 1 small red bell pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- For about five minutes, take some water in a bowl and let the yeast bloom in the water.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt.
- Knead the dough by hand for 10- 12 minutes or stand mixer for 8-9 minutes and if the dough is too sticky, add a little bit more flour or water if it is too dry until thoroughly combined.
- Form a ball-like structure, then add oil to all surfaces before placing it in a fresh bowl.
- Cover the bowl using a kitchen towel and let rise for 20 minutes or until it’s doubled.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 degrees C for at least 10 minutes.
- When the dough has doubled in size, roll it out to the proper thickness and place it on a flat baking sheet tray that has been dusted with cornmeal.
- Chop red onion and capsicum into medium size and finely chop green onions and keep them aside on a plate.
- Cut the chicken breast into small bites.
- Heat a pan with 2-3 tsp of oil and cook the chicken pieces for 10-15 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with 2 tablespoons of High On Chicken Barbecue sauce in a medium bowl.
- Leave 3/4 inch for the pizza crust and spread Barbecue sauce all over the dough.
- Top your pizza’s first layer with Barbecue chicken.
- Then add another layer of red onions and capsicum.
- Pour a handful of shredded and mozzarella cheese.
- In the end, top it with green onions.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese begins to bubble and the dough turns brown.
- Before cutting, allow it to cool, then serve with cilantro on top.
- Barbecue cornbread chicken pizza is ready!!
Occasions when you can make Barbecue Cornbread chicken pizza
Making Barbecue Cornbread chicken pizza is a great idea when you want to make a meal that is delicious and unique. It’s also perfect for entertaining guests because it’s easy to make, and everyone loves it!
- You can eat this dish at any time of the day, but it’s best for lunch and dinner.
- You can also serve this dish at any time of the year, but it tastes best in the summer or winter months.
- This dish is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re making a romantic dinner or having a gathering with friends.
- You can eat this dish by itself or add any type of toppings you want!
- A fun and exciting twist on a traditional meal. Pizza is perfect for entertaining guests. Spoon Cornbread over the chicken mixture. Add Parmesan, mozzarella cheese, bacon bits, and red pepper flakes to the chicken mixture.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can you marinate the chicken overnight for this recipe?
To bring out the best flavors and texture, keep the marinated chicken in the refrigerator overnight. If you don’t have time, marinate the chicken for 1-2 hours.
- How long should you Barbecue the chicken?
15-20 minutes Barbecue the chicken until the chicken turns brown and tender.
- Should you marinate the chicken in Barbecue sauce before grilling?
Before grilling, the chicken should be marinated in Barbecue sauce to enhance the flavor. You can also use High On Chicken Barbecue sauce. Two hours minimum will do the trick, but the longer the chicken is allowed to mingle with the marinade, the better.
- Should you oil chicken before the Barbecue?
The chicken won’t stick on the grill result of this method. For better-tasting meat, the oil also breaks down and releases more flavor compounds soluble in fat. The dried spices are covered in oil as an additional layer of protection to lessen burning.